Architects and Builders
We work closely with architects and builders during the design phase of projects to help ensure that your technology needs are addressed at the proper time.
Smart Home Devices
If you are thinking about installing smart devices in your home you also want to make sure that your network is up to the task. That means making sure you have proper wireless coverage and that you place a wired or optical connection in any spot that you can. While wireless is convenient, we go by the rule that if you can wire it, wire it! You will be much happier in the end.
Some of the places you will want to run a wired or optical connection to are:
- Demarcation Point
- At least one wired connection to a centralized point in the ceiling on each floor for wireless access points
- Behind your televisions
- Home Office
- Home Security Systems that can be powered over Ethernet
- Video Doorbells
- Media Room
These are just some of the common examples of where a wire should be ran. The more you wire now, the less you will need to wire later.
Sufficient Network Coverage
We will work with you to ensure that there is wiring in place for sufficient coverage of your wired or wireless network. Many homes and offices that are over 1,000 sq. ft. in size will have spots where there is no signal, or very weak signals.
There are many factors to consider when designing your wireless network. The size of the coverage area, the shape of the coverage area, the building materials used, the number of floors to be covered, etc. If you are assuming that the modem left by your internet provider in the back corner office, or network closet, is going to be sufficient you will be quickly disappointed. Taking the time to run wiring in your walls while they are still open will save you a lot of headache and costs in the future.
Reasons to Plan Your Wiring Now!
- No need to open walls or patch holes made by snaking wires.
- It’s cheaper to have the wires ran while the walls are open and everything is accessible.
- You can run wiring to an outside demarcation point so the tech who comes and installs your internet or television service won’t have to run cabling along the outside of your structure. (We suggest running at least a CAT6 and a Coax line to an exterior location to ensure that the installation techs won’t have to drill holes in your new home or office.)
Schedule a Consultation
If you are working on a project and would like to discuss your technology needs, please schedule a consult and one of our techs will come out to visit the site and go over the plans with you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.